Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Kilt Crawl 2012

What better way to pull me back into blogging that an event that combines three of some of my favorite things: Friends, Kilts, and Adult Beverages.

The 4th annual Kilt Crawl is a fundraiser to support the Celtic Classic. You know, the largest free Celtic Festival and Highland Games in North America. (my friend Jayne likes it when I say that).  This event is the one that started my civic engagement in my town - engagement beyond the "arts stuff" that I usually do. It began with a few shifts in the GPN beer tent. I felt at home with the volunteers on the north side of the Grand Pavilion tent. I was warmly embraced by the good folks who dedicate their time, sweat, and spirit to the one thing that binds us all beyond our cultural heritage - our pride in where we all live.

Since my first volunteer shift in 2009, I've been lucky to add more activities with the organization. I'm very proud to be a part of the group. I call on all my friends in the Lehigh Valley to join a kilt crawl team, to share the embrace. The team name is up for grabs, but might be on the lines of how you came to read this post: social media. Props to the best name, which I will draw on my chest on the day of the Kilt Crawl.

So let's make this easy. Anyone who wants to join the "Fill in the blank on Silagh's chest" team, add your name to the comments below, and your T-shirt size. You can pay me your registration fee ($20) on the day of the event. If it's in a check, make it out to the CCA. If you don't want to publicly admit that you'll be seen with me (and yes, I'll be wearing the Cow Kilt, and Green Chucks), email me your name and T-shirt size to silaghwhite@gmail.com.

Check your calendars. The event is Sunday, June 3rd. Let me know by Thursday (Is two days enough time?) There's nothing I'd like better than to be able to give the Festival Committee Chairs a little smack talk at our next meeting.

If you want to know more about the event, here's the official word

Here's a great picture from the 2010 Kilt Crawl. Can you feel the love?


No comments:

Post a Comment