Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Vacationing Vigorously

Today was all about totally embracing the vacation and the opportunities to challenge myself physically and to test raw nerves. I went for the longest run I've taken in years. In thinking about it, probably not since 1995 have I been able to sustain a jog for longer than 20 minutes. Today, I went for 22 minutes of sustained effort after 2 sessions of walk 3 minutes/jog for 7. By the time I got to the end, I actually had to tell myself to stop.

After some well deserved pancakes with authentic Canadian maple syrup, I took myself on a 35 minute kayak ride. Went so close to a few loons - but didn't have a camera with me. So I stared at the flock swimming on the water as long as they'd let me. I wanted to burn that image into my memory.

As soon as I got back to the dock, the kids were begging to go to the jumping cliffs. We packed the pontoon boat to capacity and got to the spot. It looked like this:
I think the highest jump was about 25-30 feet. The rock cut away nearly vertical - but there was just enough chape to the rock that you really had to leap away from them. I'm proud to say that both of my kids did it. And so did I. I got myself a nice vacation water wedgie, and my nose took a neti-pot full of water.

The day isn't over yet - but I had the chance to post the picture in the wi-fi spot when Steve had to go in for some work email. After this, we're getting some poteen. Of course, I still have that nap coming. I have a feeling, that will be tomorrow's blog.

note: I've just a little bit of work today. And I don't feel bad about it either way.

(Yay, me!)

*****
#62 of 90in90 for #LUBlogTribe

No comments:

Post a Comment