Saturday, August 20, 2011

Milwaukee Irishfest day 1

This will be short for now, but will expand in the morning. Give me a break, I had 4 hours sleep last night and have been up and moving for 21 hours.... And I'm down to 6% on the battery.

To be continued

I'm experiencing the 31st Milwaukee Irishfest with the executive director of the Celtic Classic. She's never been to this festival before. I grew up with this festival. It's great to be able to experience it with a newbie. There are too many things here that can overwhelm; the size of the park, the amount of stages, the number of bands, the vendors, food variety, cultural area.... It's not called "The largest Irish Music Festival" for nothing.

Most of the exploration was just walking around the park to get a sense for it's hugeness. The more we walked, the more notes we took of what questions to ask if given the opportunity to meet with festival organizers, other musicians, vendors, etc.

I took a few pictures of ideas, but know I'll take a bunch more on days 2&3. I wish I could upload images, but can't figure out how to do that in iPhone or iPad.

Guess I'm challenged by technology as well as sleep deprived.

1 comment: